I cannot even describe how much I love this easy 2 Bean Chili recipe. It's comforting, full of flavor and very filling! It's perfect to make on a Sunday and eat on all week!
This recipes serves about 4-5, but trust me you won't get tired of it if you're cooking for yourself or one more. It can easily freeze if you don't plan on eating within a week. I froze some in individual containers to easily pull out and reheat for lunch.
Top it with any of your favorites! I thinks it's delicious with avocado, cilantro, green onions and cashew sour cream!
Even the meat eaters in my family loved this chili. The mushrooms and beans together not only give it a “meaty” feel, but some amazing health benefits too. Mushrooms protect against all cancers. The beans help lower your cholesterol and *boost your energy levels! This is one chili that you don't have to feel guilty after eating a big bowl of it! Enjoy!
Easy 2 Bean Chili
- 15 oz 1 can Kidney Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 15 oz 1 can Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed (drained and rinsed)
- 8 oz Mushrooms (chopped, I used baby bellas)
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 small Jalapeños (seeded and diced)
- 1 cup Celery (diced)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 28 oz 2 cans Diced Tomatoes
- 6 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1½ tsp Oregano
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Dash cayenne pepper optional
- Avocado diced
- Cashew Sour Cream
- In a large pot, sauté Onion and Garlic with a splash of water over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Use splashes of water to keep them from sticking.
- Add the Mushrooms, Bell Peppers, Celery and Jalapeños sauté for another 6-7 minutes. You want them soft.
- Then mix in the Veggie Broth, Diced Tomatoes (with the juice), and Tomato Paste.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and add in the Beans, Chili Powder, Cumin, Oregano (and Cayenne Pepper, if desired).
- Simmer the chili for 10-15 minutes. Stir, then taste to see if you need to adjust any seasonings and add salt and pepper.
BENEFITS OF THIS RECIPE:
- Lowers risk of heart attack
- Boosts immune system
- Assists in weight loss
- Helps manage diabetes by stabilizing blood sugar
- Contains a wealth of essential vitamins and minerals the body needs for optimal health
*I've got a new eBook, Eating Your Way to Energy that has exclusive recipes for energy that take less than 15 min to prepare! It also includes other tips for reenergizing yourself each day!
Amazing dish, so many flavours! And the cashew sour cream makes it even better