A couple of years ago a Viral Feta Pasta dish went viral on Instagram and we're still making it on the regular! I put my own twist on this one by making in on the stove top which I find to be quicker than the oven version. Either way they're both delicious and worth making.
I like to use lentil pasta with it as it ups the protein and fiber! You can see some of my healthy pasta choices here.
Stovetop Tomato Feta Pasta
This tomato feta pasta recipe is healthyish comfort food in a bowl! It makes an easy dinner and it's a crowd favorite. I like to use lentil pasta to boost the protein and fiber, but feel free to use any pasta you'd like.
- 8-10 ounce Lentil Pasta (or pasta of choice
- 2 pints Cherry Tomatoes
- 8 ounce Vegan Feta Cheese
- 2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 2 tsp oregano or basil
- pepper to taste
- Place the cherry tomatoes in a skillet over medium heat on the stove. Drizzle with a little olive oil or water to keep them from sticking. Place the feta block in the middle of the skillet with the tomatoes. Then add garlic and basil. Cover with lid.
- Check on in every few minutes and give it a stir until tomatoes are soft and the feta cheese melts. While the tomatoes and feta are cooking, make your pasta according to package instructions.
- When the tomatoes are soft use a fork or masher to crush them and stir everything together. Transfer the cooked pasta to the skillet with tomatoes and toss to combine. Add more basil, salt and pepper (if desired) and serve warm.