Do you ever go for the banana bread when buying a pastry, thinking that it has to be healthier since it has bananas, right?
Well, the majority of those loafs are filled with refined sugar, oils and preservatives.
Ingredients that are hard for your body to digest…. so, unfortunately they’re not as healthy as you’d think.
This banana bread is made with simple, healthy ingredients making it a great breakfast or snack option!
I used oat flour as it’s a healthier flour compared to white flour.
Oat flour can also help you feel fuller for longer.
This bread’s sweetness comes from bananas and date sugar.
It won’t spike your blood sugar like banana bread from a bakery or coffee shop, as most of those are packed with refined sugar.
Make a loaf to switch up breakfast, pack a piece in a school lunch or enjoy a slice in the afternoon for a little pick me up.
It’s also a great option to whip up before you have friends or family over. It will make your house smell great too!
Oat Flour Banana Bread
- 3-4 Bananas (very ripe! If they're small use 4)
- 1/3 cup Cashew Milk (or other plant-based milk)
- 1/3 cup Vegan Butter (melted (i use miyokos)
- 2 tbsp Ground Flaxseed (for 2 flax eggs)
- 6 tbsp water (to be mixed with ground flax)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cups Oat Flour
- 1/2 cup Date Sugar (can also use coconut sugar)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt (can omit if you like)
- 3 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Make your flax-eggs by combining the ground flaxseed and water in a small bowl. Mix together and set aside. In a larger bowl mash your bananas with a fork or potato masher.
- Add the melted butter, milk, vanilla, apple cider vinegar and sugar. Mix until everything is combined. Now, add the baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix that together and then add the oat flour.
- In a 9x5 pan, either line it with parchment paper or lightly oil. Pour the batter in and spread evenly. Top with nuts or more banana. Gently press them in to the dough. Bake for 45-50 minutes. Time varies depending on your oven. Make sure to check it with a tooth pick.
- Allow to complety cool before serving. Store in the fridge in an air-tight container. It will be good for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Freeze it for longer.
- If the bananas are small use 4 instead of 3.
- You can use coconut sugar in place of date sugar.