This is a tasty smoothie that's healthy for any child, but especially for ones that might be experiencing some kind discomfort like growing pains or teething.
It not only tastes delicious, it contains natural pain relieving ingredients plus it's full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
Studies have shown that cherries actually work better for pain than over the counter pain medications because they don't come with any of the side effects.
Cherries are also full of other benefits like improving sleep and reducing risk of certain diseases. Fresh or frozen will work for this smoothie.
My little guy is cutting three molars right now and this smoothie has been helping him get through it. It tastes sweet so he always slurps it down quickly.
Smoothies are a great way to get in a lot of nutrition. I also add in flaxseed because it's a good fat that helps the body absorb all the nutrients, plus it's also great for brain and bone development.
I like to use dates to sweeten smoothies because they don't raise blood sugar like other forms of sugar. Dates are a great source of fiber, iron and antioxidants, which protect our cells.
I serve smoothies to my son in this reusable pouch. They are amazing! They don't leak or spill and they are super easy for my son to hold and use. I can't recommend them enough!
This smoothie tastes like a chocolate cherry smoothie, but if you're not a fan of chocolate, it's just as good when you leave out the cacao.
If you or your little one is suffering from some pain, I hope this smoothie can give you some relief. Please share this with anyone you know who could use it.
Toddler Teething Smoothie
- 1 cup Water or Non-Dairy Milk
- Handful Spinach
- 3/4 cup Cherries (fresh or frozen)
- 3 Dates (pitted)
- 1 tbsp Flaxseeds
- 2 tsp Cacao Powder (optional: read notes)
- Add all the ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. If needed, add more water to help blend better.
- Taste before serving. If you think it needs to be a little sweeter, add more dates. If you want more of a cherry flavor, add more cherries. Add more cacao for more of a chocolate taste.
- Serve immediately!
- Please make sure your child does not have allergies to any of the ingredients in this smoothie before serving it to them.
- This smoothie tastes like a chocolate cherry smoothie, but if you're not a fan of chocolate, it's just as good when you leave out the cacao.
- I serve smoothies to my son in a reusable pouch. It does not spill or leak, and it's easy for him to hold. I can't recommend them enough!
- Fresh or frozen cherries work.
- If you have extra - either save in the fridge for a snack later on that day, or freeze it in popsicle molds.
I love this idea so much! I should have done something like this for my kids!
Thank you! It also works for any type of discomfort like growing pains, or any injuries.
This is such a great recipe!
Thank you so much! :)