This simple salad contains a wealth benefits and flavor, and it can be prepared in under 20 minutes – including the 5 ingredient dressing.
We’ve still got a couple more months for Brussels Sprouts season.
Unless you live in an area that has them longer, their season usually runs from August until late March.
If you haven’t indulged in them yet, I highly suggest you do with this easy, flavorful recipe.
It will even impress the green haters. I believe if you don’t like Brussels Sprouts, it’s because you haven’t had them prepared right!
I was never a huge fan of Brussels Sprouts until I had them fried… Now those are delicious, but not the healthiest way to eat them. Anything fried is good. Ha!
Luckily, I’ve come up with some other yummy ways to eat them like these Sweet Roasted Brussels Sprouts, and even turned them into chips.
But to get all the benefits from these anti-cancer powerhouses, you’ll need to eat them raw.
They’ve got a potent taste when they’re not cooked, but a good dressing like this one makes eating them raw so addicting!
This dressing is also good on other salads, and even used to make slaw.
I like to advocate for making your own homemade salad dressing because store-bought dressings usually contain a lot of unhealthy oils plus other weird additives that aren’t needed and can corrupt your health.
This one is completely oil-free with simple ingredients so you’ll see it doesn’t take a lot to make a good salad dressing.
If you do buy dressing from the store, don’t forget to READ the ingredients. I recommend reading the ingredients for everything you buy. If you can’t pronounce it or don’t know what it is – why eat it!?
Simple Brussels Sprout Salad + Oil-Free Dressing
Please Use All Organic Ingredients When Possible
- 3 Tbsp Brown Mustard Dijon will work too
- 3 Tbsp Water
- 1 Tbsp Tahini
- 1 1/2 Tsp Tamari
- 1 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 pound of Brussels Sprouts
- 1/3 cup Pecans or other nut like walnuts. You can also leave them out completely if you prefer
- Optional add ins: Carrots onions, or other raw veggies
- First make the dressing by combining all the ingredients in a bowl and mix together until it is completely blended. Taste the dressing and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Wash and chop the ends off the Brussels sprouts. Then cut them in half. Add the brussels sprouts and pecans to a food processor. Pulse until everything is finely chopped, but will still have a crunch. Do not over process!
- Dump the Brussel sprout/pecan mixture in a large bowl and pour the dressing on top. Mix until it is all blended together. Taste again to see if you want to adjust any of the ingredients. If you need a little more coating from the dressing, just add a little bit more apple cider vinegar. Serve immediately and enjoy!