This simple salad is completely raw and packed with health benefits! Prepare it in under 20 minutes – including the 5 ingredient dressing.
The combination of the arugula + Brussels sprouts + this dressing is so flavorful, it makes me want to eat this salad again and again!
I bet it'll even impress the green haters. Some might think ew, Brussels sprouts, but I believe if you don't like them it's because you haven't had them prepared right!
I was never a huge fan of Brussels Sprouts until I had them fried! Now those are delicious, but not the healthiest way to eat them.
Luckily, I've come up with some other yummy ways to eat them like these Sweet Roasted Brussels Sprouts, and even turned them into chips. But to get all the benefits from these anti-cancer powerhouses, you'll need to eat them raw.
I like to advocate for making your own homemade salad dressing because store-bought dressings usually contain a lot of unhealthy oils plus other weird additives that aren't needed and can corrupt your health.
This one is completely oil-free with simple ingredients so you'll see it doesn't take a lot to make a good salad dressing.
If you do buy dressing from the store, don't forget to READ the ingredients. I recommend reading the ingredients for everything you buy. If you can't pronounce it or don't know what it is – why eat it!?
Arugula and Brussels Sprout Salad + Oil-Free Dressing
This healthy salad is packed of anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties. Your body will benefit from every single ingredient in this salad.
- 5 oz Arugula
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts
- 1/3 cup Walnuts (or other nut like walnuts. You can also omit)
Oil-Free Tahini Mustard Dressing
- 2 Tbsp Tahini
- 4 Tbsp Brown Mustard (Dijon will work too)
- ¼ cup Water
- 2 tbsp Tamari
- 2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- First make the dressing by combining all the ingredients in a bowl and mix together until it is completely blended. Taste the dressing and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Wash and chop the ends off the Brussels sprouts. Then cut them in half. Add the brussels sprouts to a food processor and pulse until they are chopped up. You want it to have a "crunchy" texture so don't over process it. Roughly chop the walnuts with a knife.
- Put the Brussel sprout, nut and arugula in a large bowl. Pour the dressing on top and toss together covering all the salad. Taste again to see if you want to adjust any of the ingredients. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Such a delicious recipe for Brussels sprouts! I love this one.
I've been hand slicing my Brussels sprouts on a mandoline—the food processor sounds much easier. Your dressing sounds terrific!
Looks delicious! I love shredded brussels in salads! Nice and crunchy!
This looks like such an incredible salad! Can't wait to try!
Can't wait to try this!
Ive been craving salads so much after the holidays! Pinning!
Tahini and Tamari = SOUNDS LIKE A HEAVENLY dressing!!!
This salad looks divine! I LOVE brussels sprouts!
I just made this salad for diner and it was so so delicious 🤤
I’m about to make your strawberry muffin recipe! Thank you so much Meg for taking the time to make these recipes and sharing them with us 👏🏻
I'm so happy you liked it!! Thanks so much for sharing!! :)