During the holidays, does your sweet tooth seem to get the best of you? I know mine does and that’s why it’s so important to have healthier options on hand like this 5-ingredient edible cookie dough! They’re the perfect thing to have this holiday season because they are only naturally sweetened. No processed or refined sugar in them so they won’t spike your blood sugar leading to weight gain. There’s also no artificial sweetener which has been shown to do the same. Yes, this is guilt-free cookie dough. Who’s in?!
My husband and I decided to do a sugar detox and cut all sugar (besides fruit aka the good sugar) since we know we’ll be indulging in it more than usual once Thanksgiving hits through New Years… We both love sweet treats so I was looking for a way to keep us satisfied. My husband and some of my test testers will attest to the fact that these cookie dough bites go beyond satisfaction – it’s the same as eating the sugar filled cookie dough that we used to eat as children.
- 1 Cup Cashews (raw)
- 1 Cup Oats (uncooked, GF if you prefer)
- 12 Medjool Dates
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼-1/3 cup of Cacao Nibs (or chocolate chips if you prefer)
- Add the cashews, oatmeal, dates and vanilla extract to a food processor. Blend until a dough is formed. This could take a couple of minutes and you might need to scrape the sides a couple of times.
- Transfer the dough to a mixing bowl and stir in the cacao nibs.
- Then you can do a couple of things to make the bites. I like to flatten the dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment. I freeze it for about an hour and then cut it into squares. You could also just make little balls and freeze them too. By letting it freeze for a little bit it's easier to handle and form the dough. Wetting your hands will help the dough not stick to your hands if you don't freeze it for a little bit first.
- Keep them stored in the freezer in an air tight container.