This Pizzadilla is a hearty and healthy way to satisfy a pizza craving. It's super quick to whip up, and the toppings inside can be customized to your liking, but the combo of Mushroom and Arugula really hits the spot! It's so delicious I just had to share it here. This is a much better option than ordering out because it's cheaper, but also have you seen what's in the pizza's of major deliver chains? Yikes!
Again this is totally customizable. Some people like a lot of sauce and others don't so I don't have a measurements for that or the veggies. It's pretty easy to just spread the sauce on tortilla and then add in the toppings you like. I recommended just eyeballing everything to your desire.
Add nutritional yeast or another vegan cheese of choice. I love using this one because it adds extra protein to it. I also like dipping mine in some extra marinara on the side.
This is a no guilt pizza that still satisfies those cravings. What's your favorite combination for a pizzadilla?
Mushroom Arugula Pizzadilla
- Small handful Arugula
- 1-2 Garlic Cloves
- Pizza Sauce (or favorite Marinara/Pasta Sauce)
- 2 Tortillas (I like to use Ezekiel or Engine 2 brand)
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Nutritional Yeast (optional)
- Vegan Cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- First sauté mushrooms in a splash or two of balsamic vinegar until they're soft. Add small handful of arugula (or spinach) and onion and let wilt.
- Get two tortillas and spread garlic on them.
- Place tortilla's on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Then add small spoonfuls of pizza sauce to each covering entire tortilla. Not too thick as you don't want it to fall apart.
- Top one of the tortilla's with the mushroom mix, a little more fresh arugula and vegan cheese (if desired). Place other tortilla on top.
- Bake for 3 minutes on one side. Flip over (I held it with my hands so it wouldn't fall apart) and bake for 2 min on the other.
- Let cool, cut into four squares and top with nutritional yeast and a little more sauce if you'd like.
BENEFITS OF THIS RECIPE:
- Improves bone healthy and the body's ability to absorb calcium
- Full of essential vitamins and minerals
- Boosts immune system
- Good source of antioxidant for optimal health
I love the arugula in this!
This looks great! I think my favorite is prosciutto and carmelized onion!
Such a great idea!!!
Greatest name ever! And I love that this fits into my diet at the moment! Thanks :)