These cauliflower walnut tacos can be eaten raw or cooked. They come together in under 15 minutes making them an easy and healthy week night meal.
Eating plain cauliflower seems a little blah, but when you flavor it with seasonings and other ingredients it can be really tasty! I use to not be a fan, but now I love it like this and all the other ways to use it.
With this recipe, I used the cauliflower and walnuts to make a taco “meat”. There’s so much flavor in it, it’s easy to fool people into thinking they’re not eating cauliflower.
The process to make it is very similar to making this Mexican cauliflower rice. All you need is a food processor to do it.
I love using this plant-based “meat” in lettuce leaves or cups for a lighter meal, but it’s also just as good in a regular tortilla or on top of a salad. If you’re not sticking to a raw diet, you could also heat it up to your liking.
The recipe below is a serving for one, but it can easily be doubled or tripled. This is a go-to meal for me because it’s healthy, delicious and takes less than 15 minutes to make.
Raw Cauliflower Walnut Tacos
- Throw the first 6 ingredients in your bender or food processor. Pulse (just PULSE) until cauliflower and walnuts are broken up and everything is mixed together. (You dont want to over pulse or you won't have a crunch texture.)
- Scoop mixture on to lettuce leaves or however you're eating them and serve.
- Store in the fridge for 1-2 days.
- This taco "meat" also works in tortilla wraps, on top of salads, and more. I love making a big Mexican salad with it.
- This recipe is for one person, but can easily be doubled or tripled for more.
- If you still need to adjust the seasonings after you pulse everything, stir them in rather than pulsing more.
- If you'd prefer to cook it, add to a skillet over medium heat. Cook until it's heated to your liking.