This tofu satay is packed with flavor and plant-protein. It's a healthier alternative to the more traditional satays. It can be used as a main or appetizer.
Satay is basically just food on a stick. This marinated tofu is great for people wanting to cut back on meat.
Some people worry about soy, but it's actually very beneficial for our health and preventing cancer.
For women, it's shown to help prevent breast cancer. One of the top breast cancer doctors, Dr. Kristi Funk says women should all be eating soy to prevent it, and even to help get rid of it in cancer patients.
This tofu satay is one of my favorite ways to eat tofu. I cook it in the air fryer but it can also be baked in the oven… it just takes a little longer!
You can pair it with any dip, but I love using this peanut sauce with it!
Tofu Satay with Peanut Sauce
- Air Fryer
- 16 oz Firm Tofu (extra firm even better!)
- 3 tbsp Tamari
- 3 tbsp Pineapple Juice
- 2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- ½ cup Peanut Butter
- ½ cup Pineapple Juice
- ¼ cup Tamari
- 1 tbsp Date Syrup (or maple syrup)
- 1 Garlic Clove
- Press the tofu to drain the extra water. This can be done a few different ways. You can wrap it in a towel and put books on top. You can also place it on a plate then put another plate on top of it, then add heavier things on top like books or a pot.
- While that's happening, get your marinade ready by mixing all the marinade ingredients together. Cut the tofu into slices, not too thick but thick enough to not break on the skewer. Place the tofu in a shallow dish and pour the marinade on top. Flip them so the tofu is covered front to back. Allow them to marinate at least 20 minutes or up to 12 hours.
- Place the tofu on the skewers. Then air-fry them at 400 F for about 20 minutes flipping half way through. You can also bake them in the oven on 400 F for about 45-50 minutes, flipping half way through. While they're cooking, make the peanut sauce by adding all the peanut sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. ENJOY!