Loaded Potato Soup is thick, creamy and so comforting! It's oil-free, dairy-free, gluten-free and loaded with good nutrients.
It honestly tastes like a baked potato with all your favorite toppings, but in soup form!
I asked on my Instagram stories what new soup recipe y'all wanted to see me make on ABC10 and potato soup won!
I had to spruce up and healthify regular potato soup and this recipe exceeded expectations!
It's also filled with health benefits. Things like garlic, rosemary and thyme all help to boost immunity! It's filled with fiber that's good for digestion.
This recipe makes a large batch so you can easily freeze the leftovers to eat later or store them in the fridge to eat throughout the week!
Loaded Potato Soup
- 3 medium Potatoes (cubed)
- 1 Yellow or White Onion (chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 3 Carrots (chopped)
- 3 Celery Sticks (chopped)
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 1 batch Cashew Sour Cream
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- In a large pot over medium heat, sauté the garlic and onions for 3-4 minutes. I like to use splashes of water to keep them from sticking. You can also use a tbsp of oil if you prefer. Then add the potatoes, celery, carrots, rosemary, thyme and vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Once it's boiling, lower the heat and allow it to simmer for about 15-20 minutes. The potatoes should be fork tender.
- Add in the cashew sour cream and use an immersion blender or regular blender to blend up about half the soup. If you dont have either you can use a potato masher and mix it all together. Taste the soup and add salt and pepper. Then top with things live chives, green onions, vegan cheese or any other toppings you like on a baked potato because they go great in this soup!
This soup is fantastic! So simple, and delicious.