Since Valentine's Day is next weekend I have a couple dessert recipes I'll post before then. First up, Cacao Chocolate Cupcakes that are dairy-free, refined sugar-free… yes, they're vegan and so, so good!
Honestly, I love these more than any dairy filled cupcake. They're so moist and the cacao gives it a fresh chocolate flavor like none other. If cupcakes are your go-to V-Day treat, then I've got a new go-to recipe for you.
Remember don't use those harmful store bought icings or synthetic food coloring. My real food colored icing tastes and looks great with these cupcakes (especial the beet pink) without any preservatives or chemicals!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix nut milk and apple cider vinegar together and let sit
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter, sugar and vanilla and mix together with beaters until it's whipped
- In another large bowl mix flour, cacao powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt together
- Add nut milk mixture to the butter and beat until partially mixed
- Then slowly add the dry ingredients to wet while beating together
- Keep mixing together until everything is combined with no clumps
- Line muffin tin with cupcake holders and evenly divide batter filling 1/2 - 3/4
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Use the toothpick method to make sure they're done
- Let cool before frosting