I really can't get over these healthy raw Chocolate Cinnamon Cream Cheesecakes. They're a great healthy alternative to regular cheesecakes. These are made with Cacao, which is chocolate in it's natural form. That way you can sweeten it without using refined sugar. These make a perfect treat for Valentine's Day or any day you want to show some love.
Here are 5 reasons why these no-guilt treats should be your sweet of choice:
- No Baking Required
- You only need 6 ingredients (not including toppings)
- They're sugar and oil-free
- Great source of protein
- They taste like a little piece of heaven!
Have I sold you yet? I don't think you'll be disappointed. More of what you'll reap from this nutritious dessert under the recipe.
Make sure to taste and adjust seasonings as you like them. You can leave the cinnamon out all together if you prefer.
CHOCOLATE CINNAMON CREAM CHEESECAKE LOVE
- 1 cup Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Pecans you can do 2 cups of either those if you don't want to mix
- 6 large Dates soak them in water if they are hard
- Sprinkle Salt
- 1 pack Soft Tofu I used #2 in firmness
- 3 tbsp Cacao Powder
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups Dates
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Shredded Coconut optional
- Vegan Chocolate Chips optional
- Nuts optional
- First blend nuts in food processor until they are chopped
- Then add the dates and sprinkle of salt to the nuts. Pulse until everything is mixed well and turns into a dough like texture
- Grease pan with a little coconut oil (or other non-stick you prefer)
- Scoop crust mix into pan and press it down firmly. Make sure it's packed in well. If using muffin tin, scoop a heaping tbsp of the mixture into each slot and press down firmly
- After crust is in, set in freezer for 5 min or so while you start getting the filling ready
- First blend up the tofu in the food processor
- Add cacao powder and 1 cup of the dates and blend with tofu.
- Then add the rest of the dates, vanilla and cinnamon and mix again
- Be sure to taste it and if you want it sweeter add more dates or more cacao if you want more chocolate
- Pour chocolate tofu on top of crust.
- Tap the pan a few times to make sure there isn't any air bubbles
- Put in freezer for 1 1/2 hour - 2 hours
- I used a knife around the corners to scoop each out. Put in freezer approved container to store.
- Note: If you leave them out they will start to get soft. Take out of freezer only when you're ready to serve
BENEFITS OF THIS RECIPE:
- Filled with antioxidants and cancer-fighting properties
- Assists in reducing stress levels
- Improves circulation and helps lower cholesterol
- Promotes better bone health