Chocolate Smoothie Shooters definition – a smoothie divided evenly between shot glasses. That simple and so good! This shot won't give you a hangover Fun recipe for any party, but if you're attending or hosting a Super Bowl Party next weekend, this is an easy, healthy option! It satisfies that sweet craving without added sugar. You'll actually be doing your body some good!
I added Protein Powder to mine for a little more nutritional value. Most party snacks leave me feeling lethargic, but these don't do that.
These cute shooters will actually boost your energy for all the cheering or socializing you might be doing! Make them even more fun by using them for drinking games…It's not like you have to worry about feeling crappy the next day. 🙂
TIP: You can also do this on a budget. I got these cute shot glasses from my local dollar store. Check a discount store for any other decorations you might be needing. I get the majority of my stuff at those stores because who really wants to waste money on something you use only a few times. The straws are extra decorations from Christmas, but they'll work for the Super Bowl too.
To make the Sugar Cacao Rim:
Mix a little cacao powder and coconut sugar in a bowl. Dip the rim of the shot glass in water and then in the cacao sugar mix like you would a margarita glass in salt. Then fill shot glasses with chocolate smoothie and serve!
- Blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy
- Add ice cubes if desired. I added 4-5
- *Tip - You can also sweeten with 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup or other sweetener of choice.
- CHOCOLATE SUGAR RIM
- Mix a little cacao powder and coconut sugar in a bowl. Dip the rim of the shot glass in water and then in the cacao sugar mix like you would a margarita glass in salt.
- Then fill 8 shot glasses with chocolate smoothie and serve!
BENEFITS OF THIS RECIPE:
- Boosts energy levels and mood
- Full of antioxidants
- Helps reduce stress and aids digestion
- Good source of potassium, magnesium and other vitamins and minerals