Attention to all smoothie lovers: Tess Master's new cookbook, The Blender Girl Smoothies, hit shelves this past week and it has 100 mouthwatering recipes in it! One of my favorites is the Green Mojito, and The Blender Girl is letting me share it exclusively with you! This minty, cocktail-like smoothie has a delightful taste that's fitting for summer. Plus it's full of healing powers!
It's a “cold-and-flu buster” and “potent detoxifier.” If you overindulged in celebrating July 4th this past weekend, you might want to go make this now. It also has antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties that will surely give your immune system a boost!
This book is a delicious collection of vegan, gluten-free and paleo-friendly recipes, based on The Blender Girl Smoothies app. You can purchase the app for only 99c until tomorrow, so hurry and get it!
But wait, there’s more – The Blender Girl is hosting a huge giveaway! One lucky winner has the chance to receive a KitchenAid Gift Pack valued at $2,000, which includes Torrent Blender, Pro-Line Stand Mixer, and Pro-Line Food Processor. It runs through the month of July for all US residents.
Whether you’re into fruity, green, exotic or sweet drink, this cookbook is a must-have! All the recipes are low-fat, low-carb, high protein, anti-inflammatory and more, which makes them great for weight loss and clean eating. You won't regret buying this book.
GREEN MOJITO FROM THE BLENDER GIRL
- 1 cup 240ml coconut water or water
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 3 limes peeled and quartered
- 1 cup 25g torn-up curly green kale leaves (1 or 2 large leaves with stalk removed)
- 1/2 cup 18g firmly packed mint
- 2 cups 320g frozen pineapple
- 5 drops alcohol-free liquid stevia plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon wheatgrass powder
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Throw all of the ingredients into your blender and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until smooth and creamy.
BENEFITS OF THIS RECIPE:
- Aids in proper digestion and weight loss
- Anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties
- Soothes sore throats and boosts immune system
- Helps relieve nausea
Reprinted from THE BLENDER GIRL SMOOTHIES Copyright © 2014, 2015 by Tess Masters. Photographs copyright © 2014 by Erin Kunkel. Published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC