If you like my Chocolate Cherry Smoothie than I think you'll like this one too! For me, this Chocolate Cranberry Smoothie trumps the Cherry one. I was a little nervous about it at first because raw cranberries are pretty sour & tart. I've only blended them with cucumber and others berries, never in a smoothie. I wanted to incorporate them more into my diet because they are found to suppress the growth of cancer cells more than any other fruit (see study here, starts at 3 min mark). If you use foods as your preventives like I do, this is one to add to the list!
To get these benefits, you have to use completely raw cranberries! You can get them fresh or frozen. They can't be dried, canned, juice or any other way. Studies have shown those types of cranberries don't have the same affect on cancer as the raw. See even more benefits of this smoothie below the recipe. Blend it for a “greens hater” or kids and they will have no idea spinach is in here!
GIVEAWAY IS NOW OVER
I love using my Glass Dharma straws to drink my smoothies! Starting tomorrow I will be having a contest on Instagram for one lucky follower to win a $25.00 gift certificate to Glass Dharma. The contest will be held from Monday Dec. 8th till Thursday Dec. 11th at 12 am PST. Please see my Instagram account tomorrow for all the rules! Good Luck!
CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY SMOOTHIE
- Blend spinach and almond milk first in a high speed blender
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blent together
- Add ice cubes if desired for one more blend. I usually add 4-5 cubes.
- I always taste mine before serving to adjust any of the ingredients if needed 🙂
BENEFITS OF THIS RECIPE:
- Packed with antioxidants and cancer fighting properties
- Filled with stress relief foods and fiber
- Vitamins and minerals from plants that nourish your body & strengthen bones
- Keeps you glowing inside and out with anti-aging properties
Money Saving Tip: I prefer to get them frozen because they'll keep longer in the freezer. I see more fresh ones sold this time of year especially during the Holidays. If you do buy them fresh, stock up on them, put them in a freezer bag and freeze to keep for later. Unless you plan on making lots of these smoothies before they go bad! 🙂