Who is going to the Farmers Market this weekend? Tangerines are in season & I'll be picking some up! The best time to eat tangerines is November through January in the USA. They're a little smaller than oranges with a juicy, sweet taste on the inside. They contain essential nutrients and minerals such as beta-carotene, potassium, magnesium, vitamin C and many others. Most tangerines have very few to no seeds. Keep them in the refrigerator up to seven days to maintain their great taste and nutritional value. When buying them make sure they're soft and feel a little heavy for their size. Also it will have a little bumpy skin that looks shiny. Some of the benefits of Tangerines include:
1. Tangerines fight aging keeping the skin looking youthful.
2. Tangerines have fibers that prohibit the absorption of cholesterol in the gut which cuts the risk of obesity.
3. Tangerines fight effectively against arthritis.
4. Tangerines help prevent cancer & heart disease.
5. Tangerines aide in healing minor wounds and cuts.