This salad is so easy to throw together! Not only is it packed with antioxidants, but contains a lot of protein & calcium! It's great for detoxing and ridding the body of free radicals, thanks to the basil and cucumber! I like using balsamic vinaigrette for dressing since it's low calorie and adds great flavor. You can mix a little olive oil with it or use any dressing you prefer. This salad is great for a main entrée or as a side accompanying an Italian dish.
WHITE BEAN BASIL SALAD
- Large Handful of Arugula
- 1/2 Cup White Beans cooked
- 4-6 Basil Leaves chopped (or 1/2-1 tbsp dried basil)
- 1/2 Cucumber chopped
- 4-6 Cherry Tomatoes chopped
- 5-10 Almonds may also use other nuts or hemp seeds
- Balsamic Vinaigrette for dressing
- Salt and Pepper to taste if desired
- Toss all ingredients in bowl and serve!