It's the time of year for pumpkin and this is one of my favorite ways to use it! If you haven't seen Foodbabe's article about Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice Lattes, you should check it out. Make this one at home and you'll reap benefits not chemicals! I make my Pumpkin Chai Latte with one of my favorite teas, Golden Chai Tea.
After becoming Unprocessed, I noticed I wasn't drinking coffee as much. Now, I start my mornings off with green smoothies and lost the need for a morning cup of coffee (see why here). I do enjoy having tea in the afternoon for a pick-me-up and this one is perfect for the season. It's free of chemicals, processed ingredients and dairy!
PUMPKIN CHAI LATTE
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup of Chai tea I use Numi Black Golden Chai tea
- 2-3 Dates pitted (you can also use sweetener of your choice)
- Few Dashes of Cinnamon
- Few Dashes of Pumpkin Spice Seasoning
- Steep tea bag in 1/2 cup of hot water for 4-5 min
- Add all the ingredients into blender and blend until dates are chopped and dissolved
- Heat on stove until warm and serve
- If you'd like it cold you can add ice cubes when blending
P.S. For those who don't love tea – you'll have no idea it's used in this. Trust me, I haven't always been a fan of tea until I found ways like this to drink it. You get so many more benefits from tea than coffee and that's the main reason I made the switch. If you'd like though, coffee can substitute for the tea in this recipe.