I came up with this recipe while staring in the fridge, trying to figure out what I could make with the things I had in there… I needed to use up some white beans I had opened. Also on hand was some salsa, a zucchini and nut cheese. That's when I came up with Mexican Zucchini Bites! It's easy to make and so satisfying! You're getting in veggies plus beans which are two very important foods that are nutritious for our bodies! This is a fun healthy snack for kids too!
MEXICAN ZUCCHINI BITES
- White Beans you can use black beans or any other beans you prefer
- Vegan Nut Cheese non-vegans can use cheese you prefer
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cut zucchini into bite sizes pieces and place on baking sheet with parchment paper
- Top zucchini pieces with salsa then the beans and place in oven for 7-10 minutes
- Take zucchini out and top with cheese. Place them back in the oven for another 2-5 minutes or until cheese is melted to your liking!