Would it shock you to know that Nachos can be healthy!? YES! Make these Jicama Lentil Nachos! A Jicama is a great replacement for chips. Unlike chips, they are low in sodium and fat so they support heart health. They're filled with potassium, calcium and magnesium – all important minerals for our sustained health. Also, they have a nice crunch to them which make them even more like chips. This has become one of my go-to snacks!
JICAMA LENTIL NACHOS
- 1 small Jicama half of a large one
- 1/2 cup cooked Lentils
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cilantro chopped
- 1/4 Avocado sliced in squares
- Organic Salsa
- Vegan Cheese I used Nary Dairy You can use other shredded nut/vegan cheese. If not vegan use organic shredded cheese of your choice
- First peel Jicama. Ingesting the skin has caused some people an upset stomach
- Slice Jicama with a mandolin or cut into thin slices. If using mandolin please wear protective gloves. I learned this the hard way.. Not Fun!
- Place jicama slices on plate and top with lentils, cilantro, avocado and as much salsa, tomatoes, onions and cheese as you want! It's as easy as that!
- *If you can't find Jicama, you could always do this with organic baked blue chips, bean chips, etc. You can make it a taco with an Ezekiel tortilla too!