I love experimenting and coming up with new recipes. You never know how it will turn out! I'm so impressed with this one! It turned out way better than I could have imagined! They're delicious & go well with any Italian dish you might be serving. I could eat them alone with a little marinara sauce on top! It's also a great option for vegetarians, vegans or people wanting protein without eating animal protein!
QUINOA MEATBALLS (VEGAN)
- 2 Flax Eggs 2 tbsp Ground FlaxMeal + 6 tablespoons water (Do this separately first and let mix sit while you get other ingredients ready *Non-vegans can use two eggs)
- 1 & 1/2 cups COOKED Quinoa
- FOR BREADCRUMBS
- 2 pieces of toast
- 1/2 teaspoon Basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt taste the mixture to see if you need more
- To make breadcrumbs blend toast, basil, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder and salt in food processor until all mixed together.
- In a bowl mix the Quinoa, FlaxMeal (eggs) and Breadcrumbs together with spoon.
- Heat a skillet with olive oil on medium heat. Scoop little balls with your hands and place in skillet. Turning them to make sure all sides get browned for about 10 minutes.
- To make sure they get cooked throughly place on baking sheet and put under broil for another 5 min. You can top them with cheese if you desire. Add cheese and let them cook until melted.
- Save them in the fridge for a week or so