Don’t throw out the seeds when you’re making a squash or carving out a pumpkin! Make Pepita, which is one of the 150 words added to the dictionary this year. Definition of Pepita – edible seed of a pumpkin or squash often dried or toasted. Check out my recipe below. Some of the benefits of squash and pumpkin seeds include:
1. Naturally improves mood
2. Weight loss – contains protein that helps to keep you fuller for a longer time
3. Sexual benefits-Zinc in the seeds maintains the sex hormone
4. Helps with Arthritis. They are anti-inflammatory, thus they reduce stiffness, pain & swelling
BENEFITS OF FOOD - ROASTED SQUASH SEEDS
- Pumpkin or Squash Seeds
- Preheat oven to 275
- Place seeds on baking sheet with parchment paper. Sprinkle w salt & paprika.
- Bake for 20-25 min. Test one before taking them out. If it tastes like crunch popcorn - they're done!