Pumpkin Sheet Pancake
Pumpkin Sheet Pancakes can be whipped up in minutes and baked in the oven for a simple breakfast. They are oil-free, dairy-free, gluten-free and naturally sweetened. These vegan pancakes have been healthified, but still explode with pumpkin flavor and sweetness. Please use all organic ingredients when possible!
Prep Time 12 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 37 minutes
Date Cashew Cream
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Cashews (soaked)
- 4 Dates (soaked if they feel are hard)
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Make the oat flour by adding the oats to a food processor and blending until it becomes a flour like texture. Set aside. Combine 1 cup milk with 4 dates in a high speed blender. You can also use store-bought non-dairy milk and blend 4 dates with it. Once that is mixed together, add in the 1 tsp apple cider vinegar and blend again.
In a large bowl, add the pumpkin puree plus baking soda and pumpkin spice. Mix it together. Stir the milk mixture in and then the oat flour, combining everything together.
On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, with a 1/4th measuring cup, scoop the mixture and pour on the baking sheet. They do not expand much when they are baking.
Put the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 25 minutes. When they are done allow them to cool before serving. Store in the refrigerator up to a week or in the freezer for longer.
Date Cashew Cream
Add all the ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until everything is combined and smooth. If it's too thick, add a little more water.
Taste before serving with pancakes, and if you'd like it sweeter add more dates. Store in the fridge in an airtight container up to 5 days.
- If using store-bought oat flour you only need 1 cup of it.
- If using store-bought non-dairy milk just blend 1 cup of it with the dates and apple cider vinegar.
- Any nut or seed butter will work if you are making nut milk from scratch. I don't recommend peanut butter as that will change the flavor too much. Stick with cashew, almond or sunflower.
- If the dates are more firm and hard, soak them in warm water for at least 15 minutes before blending. This will help them blend easier.
- Make sure to taste the cashew cream before serving. If you'd like it sweeter blend in more dates.