Simple and Hearty Veggie Bean Chili
Please Use All Organic Ingredients When Possible!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 15 oz Kidney Beans (drained and rinsed, 1 can)
- 15 oz Black Beans (drained and rinsed, 1 can)
- 8 oz Mushrooms (chopped, I used baby bellas)
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth (if you like a thicker chili, omit this)
- 1 Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 small Jalapeño (seeded and diced, optional)
- 1 cup Celery (diced)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 28 oz Diced Tomatoes (or two 15oz cans)
- 6 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1½ tsp Oregano
- 1-2 tsp Salt (can omit if you like)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Dash Cayenne pepper (optional)
In a slow cooker add all the ingredients. I like to add the vegetable broth first then seasonings and then the vegetables and beans. If you like a thicker chili then omit the vegetable broth. Cook on medium to high heat for one to two hours.
Once it's done cooking make sure to stir it a few times. Then serve with topping choices like cilantro, avocado or cashew sour cream. I think the cashew sour cream is a must!
- If you do not have a slow cooker check I love this one. It's made from organic clay and will not leach weird chemicals in your food!
- To save more time you can also sub precut, frozen veggies. Read in post above.
- Feel free to sub the beans for ones you like better.