Chocolate Raspberry Protein Bowl
Please use all organic ingredients when possible!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 1 cup Almond Milk (or other plant-based milk)
- 1 cup Jicama Rice (about 1/2 Jicama depending on size)
- 3 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1/2 - 1 Tbsp Cacao Powder (depending on how rich you want the chocolate)
- 1/2 cup Raspberries
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp Maple Syrup (date paste, honey or other sweetener preferred (optional))
First make the chia pudding. You can do this a couple of hours before, but I prefer to do it the night before.
Blend together Almond milk, cacao, raspberries and/or more sweetener in a blender.
Pour into a glass and stir in the chia seeds. Cover and put in the fridge to let the chia seeds soak.
Once your chia pudding is ready, your going to pulse jicama in food processor a few times to make it like rice. (Very similar to making cauliflower rice.)
In a small pot on the stove, mix together the jicama and chia pudding, cinnamon and any extra sweetener. Heat on low until it's the warmth you prefer. I heated mine for about 5 minutes.
Taste and adjust any seasonings. Then serve and enjoy!
1. If you don't have jicama, an apple or pear might work too as they have the same texture as jicama.
2. You can make this whatever flavor you prefer and add other toppings like nuts, dried fruit, hemp seeds, etc.